One of the questions I often get asked as a coder and consultant is… “What languages do you work with?” …that’s a hard question to answer if you’ve been coding for over 15 years.
The real answer to that question is it doesn’t matter! When you’ve worked on hundreds of projects with many different languages it soon becomes apparent that that most languages are pretty much the same (with a few nuances and outliers).
However, I know that’s not the answer the questioner is looking for!
With that in mind here are the languages, technologies & skills that I’ve worked with commercially:
- PHP 5 (OOP), CodeIgniter, CakePhp, ezSQL, Zend
- SQL, mySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, Postgress
- Ruby, Perl, ASP, Flash AS, Java, C
- iPhone, iPad, Titanium
- Unix, Win, Mac, Shell, Bash
- Procedural, Event driven, OOP
- GUI Coding, Reconciliation Coding, Daemon Coding
- API Specification, Technical Architecture
- Mind-map, Wire-frame, Agile, Scrum
- Team Building, Management
- Marketing, Design, Video production, Voice-over!